пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

administrator estate from resigning




For many do not consider the teeth as a part of the digestive system. If people chewed more, then less farts would occur and the stomach would have an easier time digesting food. I am an avid cook, you might say. And when a block of potato is placed into the pan with the extra virgin sizzling it, I can only imagine that such a process of cooking would resemble the process of digestion. It is essential, then, to increase the surface area of food as much as possible, let the saliva do its job, then swallow

But then, if we are talking about pieces of information which need to be comprehended, I ask this: should we chew or should we swallow whole? There have been times where I have read to gain superficial knowledge of the subject-- enough to speak about it over tea or dinner. However, after this charade was made, my interest in the subject dwindled and the knowledge was no longer there. Perhaps one could not even call it knowledge.

Then thereapos;s the other approach, where information is processed little by little-- incrementally digested over a span of months. When this happens, I seem to retain it better and can be used over conversations of dinner and can even be recalled by will. I opt for this approach to gathering information.

I was once spoiled by the thoughts of my own mind. That my mind, an infinite receptacle from which information can be stored and remembered, would simply "do all the work for me" and little effort on my part would have to be expended for such an absorbent piece of brain. However, I have humbled myself in thinking that though the mind is powerful, it will need help to remember and retain. And because of this, the means by which one learns will not only help the mind to remember, but will help the mind learn something in the significant matter.

I am torn that we are advocates of the following idiom: "If you donapos;t use it, you lose it." That way of thinking has bothered me and I think it is a cultural and subconscious setback. My opinion could be regarded as iconoclastic, but allow me to appeal to an Italian idiom for which I have lost the exact translation and therefore will paraphrase: "Always remember what you learn because you never know when youapos;re going to use it again." Itapos;s succinct structure as an idiom is obviously lost due to my translation to english and my poor memory of trying to recall it exactly, but you see, perhaps the Italians have a better cultural view on learning. They are allowed to amass it not for a specific purpose with a definite time, but they instead amass information as in "if and ever" manner. What I mean by this is that information is gathered in the the event that it must be used.

I feel a greater sense of urgency here because instead of committing oneself to learning something for a sepcific test, letapos;s say, one will learn something for the sake that it can be used in the future and an indefinite amount of times. Perhaps that is the difference and those who think in the former way, the ones who advocate the American mentality, may opt to switch. And switching can most likely prevent the vomiting of the brain, where the brain is purged of information after expelling it onto a test/midterm/final/job interview. The detachment from task-oriented knowledge must be converted to a necessary condition: to learn for the sake of learning; for the sake that it will be pertinent information down the line, regardless of the situation, and that it ought not be forgotten after itapos;s use.

esther williams pool liners, administrator estate from resigning, administrator exam guide home nursing study, administrator exam human service.



Комментариев нет: